Monday, December 17, 2012

Merry Christmas

It has been busy here at the Zambian Geyer house again these last two weeks. I will try to catch you up. :) We visited a lovely local restaurant a couple weeks ago on Sunday after church. They have a little set-up of things for the kids to play on. Here is a video of Elizabeth riding on the zip-line. I honestly didn't know if she would like it. After the first time she said she did like it, but didn't want to do it again. But just a few minutes later she did try again, and then didn't want to stop. It was fun watching her. Pure joy!
 
 
As you probably read in my previous post we have received our shipment of goods. I have been busy unpacking and organizing, the kids have been busy digging... Here Elizabeth found her 1st Halloween costume from when she was 3 1/2 months old and had to try it on. I think we can all agree she still makes a pretty darn cute pumpkin!
 
 
Below are some pictures from our first batch of Christmas cookies. I made up the dough myself, but waited until Liz got home from school so she could help with the cutting. She really enjoyed helping. Most of all I think she enjoyed sneaking pieces of dough to eat! Some of the dough even tried to jump into her mouth! Aahhh! Jackson woke up from his nap just in time to eat part of the last little bit of dough. And he followed that up with a couple cookies he sneaked from the counter. ;) I waited for the kids to go to bed and frosted the cookies while I drank a nice cold beer. I didn't have the patience for "help" with the frosting that day. :)
 

 We prepared the cookies just in time to bring them for Elizabeth's Kindergarten St. Lucia/Christmas performance. Both classes performed together, so about 35 kids total. Here's a picture of Liz and Dad before the performance.
 
 
And here is a little clip from the show.
 
 
Here is our Christmas tree. A little crooked, and it took several adapters/transformers to plug it in, but we love it!

 
As we are coming to the end of another year, and with the terrible news coming from Connecticut, my mind is in constant motion. There never seem to be enough hours in the day, days in the week, weeks in the year, years in a lifetime. I think about all the things I would still like to do and see, books I would like to read, all the things I need to do to make myself a better mother/wife/sister/daughter/friend. I hope we all take the time to slow down and enjoy our family and friends and give each other gifts of kindness and consideration this holiday season.
 
Merry Christmas to each of you from our family to yours!
 
Love, Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment